On March 16, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf ordered a statewide shutdown of all non-essential businesses to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Wyrope Williamsport limited its branch access on Wednesday, March 18. During this unprecedented time, our top priority is always to be of service to our members in the safest way possible. With the most recent announcement regarding non-life sustaining business closures, we will not be among them. Financial services and access to funds to purchase food and medicine is necessary. We will be continuing our closure of the lobby to reduce exposure to both our members and associates. Most services are available through other methods, including drive-up, phone, and online banking. In-branch appointments will be on a restricted, necessary-only basis. One of the main concerns is the safety and soundness of your financial institution; we are, have been, and will continue to be federally insured by the NCUA. The insurance provided by the NCUA, along with prudent business decisions by the Wyrope Management Team and Board of Directors, allows Wyrope the confidence to securely protect what you have entrusted us with, your financial health.
Branch Banking Alternatives
While our lobby may be closed for inside transactions to better protect our members and associates, we have many options for completing those needed financial transactions. Assistance is available by phone & online at YouTube to learn and navigate any of the alternatives available.
- Online Banking allows members to view balances and account histories, transfer funds, pay bills, stop payments, apply for a loan, and more. You may enroll by filling out the Flex Teller Enrollment Form. The form can be emailed to KManeval-Wyrope@Comcast.net, Questions@Wyrope.org, or any other Wyrope associate. The form can also be faxed to 570-321-9089.
- Additionally, mobile banking allows members to deposit a check remotely from their smart phone through the Wyrope To Go mobile application found on both Apple and Android or Google Play stores. Accounts must be opened for more than 90 days and eligibility for service may apply.
- Our team can be reached at 570-323-5188 during normal business hours. We can assist with all non-cash transactions such as account history, maintenance, loan applications, etc.
- Audio Teller allows for basic transfers, balances, and recent activity. This can be setup by simply contacting the branch for enrollment and then utilizing the audio response numbers 570-567-1083, 570-567-1084, 570-567-1085, and 570-567-1086.
- Deposits of cash or checks may be made at ATMs that may be available in your area. Funds may not be immediately available.
- Requesting cash back while making a debit card purchase at a local store is a quick and easy way to have that cash on hand you may need without having to make a second stop. Locations may have additional fees for this service, so ask each business before utilizing this option.
- Members may apply for products to fit their lending needs through our website or over the phone during this time. Applications can be found here.
- Our drive-up is also available at this time; the hours and availability may change as the situation continues to evolve and we receive additional guidance at the local, state, and federal levels.
Wyrope Member Assistance Programs
During this uncertain time, our thoughts go out to everyone impacted. As we all come together to support one another, Wyrope stands behind the "People helping People" purpose that credit unions have always supported. We are here to assist our members through the financial challenges that may come with staff reductions or business closures. To assist in maintaining the financial stability of our members, some of the ways we can assist our members and are available to discuss include but are not limited to:
- Loan reviews for assistance available to everyone's individual situation.
- Filing involuntary unemployment insurance claims through our debt protection program, if the coverage exists on the loan.
- Members who have experienced reduced hours or layoffs may apply for our Special Loan Program for up to $5,000 with a term not to exceed 48 months and the flat rate of 5.00% APR. First payment may be scheduled for up to 60 days from commencement of the loan. Subject to review and approval.
- Alternative ways to deposit or move funds.
- Other emergency and/or unique situations that our members find themselves in. Please reach out to discuss what we can do to assist.
- Remember that all requests, terms, and conditions are subject to qualification and review. We will do our best to assist with these and other unique situations as they occur and are brought to our attention. Please do not hesitate to reach out to discuss your individual situation so we can review what we are able to best assist you with throughout these next few months.
Please reach out to speak directly with Kristin or Brittany by calling 570-323-5188 for further details and assistance. You can also email us at KThomas@Wyrope.org or BBaker@Wyrope.org.
Are Your Funds Secure and Should You Withdrawal Cash?
- The safety of your funds is also a top priority for Wyrope, and your accounts are federally insured through the NCUA up to $250,000. Your coverage for all account types and funds can be estimated at NCUA’s Share Insurance Estimator
- Debit and credit card purchases continue to be the preferred way to make purchases, reducing the necessity to carry cash. Card purchases are a more sanitary way to transact, as they are not porous and can be easily wiped down.
- Having large amounts of cash can increase the risk of loss from theft, fire, or even loss from being misplaced. Cash itself comes with increased of transmitting germs or bacteria as it can live on currency 10 or more days. You want to have on-hand what you think you may need to use if a debit or credit card and checks are otherwise unavailable, but not to open yourself up to additional risk.
- Instructional videos for Flex Teller set up and use as well as other services can be found on YouTube.
If you have questions about our health and safety measures, accessing your money, or how to protect your financial future, please call us at 570-323-5188, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Career and Emergency Assistance Resources
Children Learning & Activities